Yosgart Alf

Complaints

I went to my storage facility and didn't have access. The hours are 9am -6pm. I got there at 5:28. The employee told me we were closed! How? It's not 6pm yet! She was talking to me through a glass door! She didn't open the door either! So what are the hours? Please post your correct hours so your customers will know. I have two units there for over three years and I didn't know they closed at 5:30. Please advise the public. The facility was in Oakland on San Pablo Ave. And she is not the friendliest person. Don
Cons:
  • There are none

Preferred solution: Correct storage hours of operation.

User's recommendation: Don't go there !

stacy f Jnm

| map-marker Aurora, Colorado

Illegal selling of my unit

On January 1 I attempted to access my storage unit at StorQuest on Laredo in Aurora, co. I had been a customer since July 2018.

I was later informed that my unit was sold at auction after an auto pay had failed and the account became delinquent. The card on file was my sons. The previous owners knew of this situation and if there were any issues, both my son and I would get emails and calls from Amanda. My address changed and I advised Amanda of the new address in December of 2021.

I only accessed the unit a few times since putting everything over there in 2018.

It was not something I did often.

You are required to notify me if I am being denied access due to non-payment via email and/or regular mail. I always received everything via email when it was Great Value. Even when the account was delinquent in 2020. The notice to auction was sent to my email.

I cured the account and all was well until my sons card declined an auto pay attempt in 2022. My son puts everything on autopay and he did not notice that the storage payment was not coming out. He makes decent money, and he told me when he gave Amanda his card that its not money he will miss because he was doing well. He had some stuff in the unit so he took over the payments for me.

Neither one of us had any idea that the autopay had failed at some point.

There were no emails sent to me at either of the email addresses that are on my original application that you still have as I saw and have copies of the paperwork on hardcopy file.

I requested a data dump from Google for both emails and there were emails from Storquest advising they bought out Great value and some other sales emails, that was it. Not a single electronic communication that says hey your auto pay failed, your account is delinquent or were auctioning your unit. Your property manager and district manager both said the system was supposed to kick out emails all along the way. The system failed as I never received a single electronic communication.

You could have referenced previous correspondence sent when it was Great Value nobody exercised due diligence. The fact that it had been there for years should have been a clue to work a little harder, verify the info you were using was correct to make sure you exhausted every method to reach me. If one email was sent to the correct email address ON MY APPLICATION, we would not be in this situation. No calls were made to me or my son.

Amanda had both numbers on file. The phone number in your paperwork they were supposedly calling wasnt mine and never was. There is a note that says voicemail says Matt. Probably not customers.

The only piece of hardcopy mail was sent to the wrong address and when I asked to see it, I was told by the manager that it was likely thrown away by a previous employee. If anyone would have referred to the original application, the email addresses listed are valid and any correspondence would have reached me. Even a simple google search would have netted accurate location results. What about Great Values system?

Did you not keep it accessible for some time to reference in situations much like mine?

My stuff had been there for almost 5 years. The level of negligence before auctioning off my unit is staggering. The only state requirement that was satisfied were 2 postings on craigslist that mention my name. The correct contact info was in the system.

I was told my entire profile had been deleted from the new system. Thats convenient. I was told your system failed. I recorded the conversation with your manager and he admitted to the problems In my situation.

He also stated that Storquest doesnt follow state laws. He admitted to the failures.

I paid over $9000.00 to keep my stuff safe for a very long time. I had collectibles in that unit worth well over $10,000.00. I went to the unit that day to gather the collectibles to sell to pay my rent.

I had lost my job back in July and although I had been reemployed since early September, I was struggling to get caught back up and decided it was time to sell things I had in that unit.

I am in the moving and storage business. I handle disputes for the largest moving company in Denver. If we had done what you all have done, my first thought would be we need to accept responsibility and offer some sort of compensation to try to settle this matter so our customer doesnt have to ask the courts for help. Its called responsible business practices, operating ethically.

A businesss integrity is not shown in the mistakes it makes, but in the way it handles mistakes. Your people made a series of huge mistakes that cost me over $20,000.00. Your regional manager has spoken to me one time. Said he would talk to legal and get back to me.

Hes never gotten back to me.

He is the one who signed off on and gave the ok to sell my unit. Im guessing that he is not telling the legal dept the entire story with the hopes that I will go away. I am not going away. Someone needs to make me whole and compensate for what I lost.

The right thing to do would be to offer a check for $7500.00 to settle the matter.

Thats not even half of what I am out.

Consider this letter a demand for compensation for the conversion committed by your company and management team.

It took me 3 weeks to get your district manager on the phone. I ended up calling the 800 customer service number and the woman whom I spoke to even agreed that someone failed miserably here. She sent an email to the district manager asking him to call me because he avoided me like the plague. Certainly, there is record of these communications.

Your legal department is running on the theory that they followed protocol.

That would be correct if they would have tried using my CORRECT contact info that I know they had on my original applications. Whatever info was transferred into your systems was WRONG.

You had my information but kept calling the wrong number and wrong email address. Because of that large error, I never received the messages or calls.

Thank you for your consideration.

Feel free to contact me at 720-902-**** with questions.

Stacy Foster Stacyfoster70@***.com

I had unit 0915.

$20000

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: I would never ever use these people. Company does not correct its wrongs

stacy f Jcu

| map-marker Aurora, Colorado

Conversion and selling off my unit illegally

Original review Jan 30, 2024

It was not something I did often.

Neither one of us had any idea that the autopay had failed at some point.

Hes never gotten back to me.

Thats not even half of what I am out.

Certainly there is record of these communications.

I have spoken to channel 7 and channel 9 news and both have asked me for more information. I would prefer to not put you all on blast, but I am not against it if someone doesnt do the right thing.

$20000

Preferred solution: compensation for a percentage of the total value of items in my unit

User's recommendation: If they do wrong, dont let it go.

Celesta Iyd

Express Gratitude

I recently had the pleasure of utilizing the services of StorQuest at Shipman Business center in Keaau, Hawaii, and I must say, it was an experience worth raving about. From the moment we encountered an issue with fitting a crate into our designated storage unit, Erin, the dedicated staff member at StorQuest, turned what could have been a stressful situation into a seamless and satisfying resolution.

Erin's quick thinking and resourcefulness were evident as she promptly identified a more suitable unit that accommodated our needs perfectly.

Her efficiency not only saved us time but also alleviated any concerns we had about storing our belongings securely.

What truly set Erin apart was her exemplary supervision during the move-in process. Not only did she assist our crew with the logistics of the move, but she also demonstrated a remarkable commitment to safeguarding StorQuest's property from any potential damage.

Her attention to detail and proactive approach reflected her dedication not only to her employer but also to ensuring the satisfaction of StorQuest's clients.

Erin's professionalism, expertise, and genuine concern for customer satisfaction truly exemplify the ethos of StorQuest. Her outstanding representation of the company left a lasting impression on us, reaffirming our confidence in StorQuest as the premier choice for self-storage solutions in Keaau.

I cannot commend Erin and the team at StorQuest enough for their exceptional service and care.

Giuseppi jo King

Kauai to Keaau!

luanne r Vwc

| map-marker Tempe, Arizona

Not just a little wrongdoing This storquest manager went in my rented paid for unit and took it all AND I WAS PAID IN FULL IN ADVANCE!

I had just been at my storage unit so when I went back the next day I was real shocked to find my code not working and someone else's lock in my unit . Considering I was all paid up for 2 months in advance.

Well apparently the manager Tami decided she liked what she saw cuz in a day's time she locked me out of my unit and the facility for no reason and when I called she said and I quote " your unit was just trash so I threw it all out and vacated it". Click. She hung up on me. The company hasnt done a damn thing to help me...babsolutely do not call the district manager they advised the guy didn't even respond.

But I'm not going away. I paid my rent and this company will have to deal with this.

Loss:
Cons:
  • Thieves for managers and no company support when it happens

Preferred solution: Every single thing I had in my unit back. Plus my rent back since I paid two months in advance and their employee locked me out and then denied me use of my unit cuz she said SHE vacated my unit ( not me not the tenant -. Their employee vacated it.

User's recommendation: Absolutely do not trust your belongings with this company. You have other companies to choose from and none of em allow their employees to go in a paid for rented unit and do what they want with the tenants belongings...like this company has allowed. .

Stacy F Jyo

| map-marker Aurora, Colorado

Unit sold without following state laws

To whom it may concern:

After attempting to gain access to my unit and not being able to get in, I went into the office and was told that my unit was sold at auction about 16 mos ago. I was on autopay from 2018 and was never given any notice to tell me that autopay was deactivated and the information removed from the account.No notice of auto pay failure, no calls, nothing.

A notice was sent to an old address that should have been updated in the system when I moved and provided that information to Amanda. I never received any notices, no calls, no emails and the person in the office was unable to provide documentation that the laws were followed before my unit was auctioned off.

The logs showing calls and texts were sent to a phone number that was never mine and there are notes that read message says phone number belongs to someone named matt. At no time was an email sent to me notifying me that the AP system was deactivated and a new auto pay would have to be set up because the prev one had failed at some point. It was my sons card that the autopay was pulling from.

There were many irreplaceable items in that unit.

Total cost to replace what was in there exceeds $10,000.00.

The law was not followed, and Im told I am not the first person this has happened to since StorQuest bought out Great Value Storage. The phone number info was changed or didnt port over, no emails that the system is supposed to Automatically send were ever sent and they dont have anything from the post office that says they ever tried to deliver the notice to my old address.

I wanted to see the mailing document but i was told it was likely thrown away by a prev employee.

I am absolutely furious that my stuff is gone and not a single freaking email was ever sent to me.

Ive seen the paperwork they have (and I took photos for my records) and little effort that was made to make sure they were calling the correct phone number (the number they noted as calling wasnt mine, never was) and not a single call to me was made and not a single email was sent notifying me of what was going on.

My conversations with the storage manager were recorded. He advised Storquest dont follow the state laws, I am not the first person this happened to at that facility.

The area manager won't return my calls.

Loss:
Cons:
  • Dont follow laws set forth to protect their renters

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Dont store here, they dont follow state laws

Aymen Axo

| map-marker Fontana, California

Over charged

They over charge and they. Don't work with customers they have a bunch of fees late fees publication fees almost published feed it ridiculous all the fees they make up

User's recommendation: Not using

Darrell N Wus

Getting question answered

I got on website to get some general information about my account because when signing on it tells me no user or email found so I tried chat they transferred me to a pay for answer site why the *** do I have to pay to get info about my unit!!! I pay enough rent a month to cover customer service someone HELP ME PLEASE!!!
Pros:
  • Local manager very friendly
Cons:
  • Bad customer service via chat or phone

Preferred solution: I want to know the size of my unit lol

User's recommendation: Customer service sucks

Jim H Mcj

| map-marker Sugar Land, Texas

Broken door

I have not been able to get into my storage unit by myself since before thanksgiving. Everyone I call says they are waiting on parts. For more than 3 months?
Adaline Wod
map-marker Miami, Florida

Compliant on Assistant Manager John

Called Customer service rep Taylor who just referred me to District Manager Mike Trout in Palm Beach county Florida. Called and left message but no return call yet.

User's recommendation: Beware of lazy unprofessiona location l property managers

Claudette N Bkl

| map-marker Sacramento, California

To complain about the office on wyda way

The store on wyda way is never open on time, shes never in the office, what kind of business is this? Everytime I come here it says currently closed and shes never here, Im going to take my things elsewhere, poor customer service.
Pros:
  • 24 hour access
Cons:
  • Need new manager

Preferred solution: Better access.And for the manager or whoever is running this store to open on time and be here sometime

User's recommendation: Don’t rent there

Email A

POS COMPANY

Charged me $40 return fee on an autoay! Would never get storage here again. Please do not store here if you care to

Preferred solution: Price reduction

Danielle S Ncy

| map-marker Tigard, Oregon

Bad business practice and unsafe conditions

The gate code never worked, they raised the prices and changed gate hours to drastically less open hours than when I moved my things in. Once I 2as even locked into the plate and the gate code wouldn't let me out. I hopped the fence and I am freaking old..no one was even in the office due to shortages. So my vehicle was still inside the gate. Called corporate to hours later be able to get out. Corporate did no refund unless I moved out immediately. Like I was in the wrong. I don't recommend renting here ever.b

Preferred solution: Price reduction

User's recommendation: Don't rent from them ever

Elizabeth A Aqn

| map-marker Bellingham, Washington

After being quoted a certain amount to close my account I was charged over $500 over 2x what I was quoted and when I got to my unit the boxes had been opened and my belongings were no longer packed

I called the number provided by the internet and I spoke with someone on the 7th of this month I was told I had until the 20th until the storage went into auction so I showed up with the provided amount and was then charged over 500 only to find out my lock was cut off and all my boxes had been rifled through. I'm writing to you in hopes that this matter can be resolved and I can go about my day thank you for your time

User's recommendation: Do not rent here

Mick M Ewg

| map-marker Brandon, Mississippi

Had me arrested cost me $430

So I signed up for extended hours and was under the impression that at was 24/7 but it was only a 3 hour extension. So I got a warning then my GF was late picking me up and I was behind the gate for 30 minutes and was arrested and charged $430 do not rent here

User's recommendation: Beware

Bernadine Cau

Ya I have been a customer here when it was Storage Etc. Here in Tarzana..not only a cpl months ago when Storquest purchased the facility they raised the rent but now they have a notice hanging on the gate informing everyone of the new access hrs..

so instead of the usual 6am-9pm that we have been accustomed to since forever this POS new company has recently posted a sign with the new hours of access will run the same as the office hrs 9am-6pm.. CAN U GUYS BELIEVE THESE MOTH@ F#$@..

DO NOT RENT FROM THIS ESTABLISHMENT.. TRUST ME U WILL SAVE YOURSELVES A WORLD OF HEADACHES

Joseph C Ltt
map-marker Los Angeles, California

My electric scooter was stolen in front of my unit with me in it

Yesterday,i had my electric scooter stolen from rt in front of mt unit ,while i was in it working. Allmost positive its an inside job.

Trying to report it to corprate . But,keep getting the run around and straight up lies/The manager and assistamt manager are another whole page of profanities,accusations, charecter assinating ,threats of overlock,eviction ,retalitory actions . Over an issue which was my fault but has been rectified since then. I have never ever been treated the way i was .Also it was stated thr customer aint *** to me .

I run this shit.Dont like it , u can leave. Having to walk down there now the 3 1/2 miles to deal with stolen property issue.

Called all day no avail. Have feeling im going to get a big cluster *** outta this to ware they are the victem here .Lets see..

Guest

Why aren’t you calling the police? What is Star Quest going to do?

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article